Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Hanging Myself

I got a text at work from Cari that said the dryer had stopped working.  I frowned at my phone but didn't immediately reply.  Is this something I could fix after work? Another text quickly followed, "I'm going to scream."

Then my phone rang.  Frustrated at my lack of response, she called and described the dryer issue to me.  The problem didn't sound like a broken belt or other seemingly easy problem.  She said that the motor wouldn't even come on.  When we got off the phone she was going to call an appliance repair company.

An hour passes and another text comes my way.  "How much is a new dryer?"  She was considering all scenarios.  This time I replied. "$5-10"

Then my phone rang.  Frustrated at my response, she called and asked me to explain my text. I told her that if the dryer was too expensive to fix that I'd be happy to bring her home a length of rope.

Cari quickly cut me off and asked, "Why, so I could choke you with it?"

Apparently, hanging clothes on a line was not in her list of "all scenarios".

5 comments:

d e v a n said...

ha! Good response Cari!

jen(melty) said...

lol! great response.

Duck Hunter said...

what about great suggestion to me?

Madhu Reddy said...

Still don't understand why people think life isn't possible with out a washer and dryer...? Civilization existed prior with out them and by the way they didn't perish either because there weren't dryers..I had some moments like these with my dear wife too...;-)

Cari said...

I am sure life IS possible with out a w/d, but it is not a life I want to jump into. If I HAVE to hang clothes on the line, I will. I don't want to, and luckily, I don't have to. As long as there is a way to have a running dryer, I want to have one, in MY house. Civilization did just dandy without any of the advances we have today, but I am not giving them up.