Friday, January 21, 2011

House of Zombies

It started two days ago with the baby.  She attempted to infect me, but failed.  She woke up late one night vomiting and coughing.  It was 4:30am and she was wanting in MY bed.

In the day that followed she attempted to cough on me and the rest of the family.  I drank a glass of orange juice and hid from her (at work).

The others would not be as lucky.  The next day the other daughter starts vomiting at 1am.  Meredith is about drama and she really put a lot of effort into her vomiting, crying, moaning.  She was turning into a zombie.

Later in the morning, Randy heads to school.  Before he got there he started vomiting. . . on the bus.  He's probably not going to get a "good behavior" token this week from the bus driver.  I went and retrieved my zombie son from school.

When I got home, Cari was still in bed.  She also had been Zombiefied.

I was scared.  It was my day off and I had no where to run.  I was in a house of zombies for the day.

The living room, bedrooms, and bathrooms had been infected with zombie cooties, so I ran to the office where I remained for several hours.  When I emerged from the office I made my way to the kitchen and prepared a special lunch for my zombie family.  For each, I prepared the antidote.

Saltines & Ginger Ale

Up to now, I believe I have avoided the cooties.  Only time will tell if I too will become one of them. 

1 comment:

Farm Girl in MD said...

Here's to hoping you can resist the cooties!!

Hope everyone is feeling better!