Saturday, July 16, 2011

German Chocolate

Have you ever been upset about foreign exchange students being in our country?  Maybe not you personally, but in general.  Do you hear a lot of griping about it?  Me neither.

How about Hispanics?  Do you ever hear griping and complaining about hispanics being in America?  I do.  It's in the news all the time.

What made me think about this was that our neighbor had a foreign exchange student staying with them a few years ago.  That young lady is visiting this summer and she brought me CHOCOLATE.  Swiss / German / Austrian / whatever  chocolate.  Oh! It's so good.  Why we don't sell it here in America still amazes me.  So I started thinking.  How could anyone be upset about a foreign visitor that brings you such delicious treats?  Don't get me wrong, she's a nice girl.  I wouldn't complain about her anyway, but now that she brought me chocolate. . . maybe she just wants to move here.  I wouldn't complain.

You see where I'm going with this?  What if Mexicans started bringing really delicious treats?  I wonder how many people would complain about them being in America with a mouth full of goodies?

No comments: