Sunday, July 10, 2011

TV at 5am

Do you ever get up to watch something at 5am?  No? I bet it's because there isn't anything that great on TV at 5am.  At least not great enough to get out of bed for.

That's why I thought it was weird that as I left the house for work at 5am I noticed the red record light illuminated on my DVR.  That little black box thought there was something great happening at that early hour and it was sure to capture it for me.
All day at work I tried to imagine what special program had been recorded for me.  Was the History channel replaying some special that I had missed?  Maybe it was a great movie on Showtime.  For a second I thought it could have been something great on ABC, but I realized I was getting carried away.

When I got home from work I hurried into the living room so I could see what secrets the DVR found for me.  The living room was full of children at that hour.  They were watching iCarly (not a bad show).  "Give me the remote", I demanded.

A few minutes of negotiations passed before the remote was handed to me.  I squished myself between a few kids and started looking at the list of recorded shows.

Wizards of Waverly Place
iCarly
Good Luck Charlie
Max & Ruby 
General Hospital
Dora the Explorer
Bubble Guppies
King of the Hill

I handed the remote back to the children and removed myself from the room.  Whatever crazy awesome program was getting recorded at 5am that morning wasn't for me.

There still isn't anything on at 5am worth getting out of bed for.  Unless your under the age of twelve, in that case you just might want to set your DVR to record.

No comments: