Saturday, October 01, 2011

Life is Delicate

A seemingly healthy person, her passing was very sudden.  She thought she had a case of pneumonia but when she finally went to the hospital the truth of her situation was much worse.
Her laugh is the one thing that will stay with me.  She had a very cheerful laugh. One of those smiles and laughs that, if you were fortunate to hear it, will have you smiling as well.

An artist that paid such close attention to detail, as you would expect an artist to do.  She expected everyone to do their best.  That was probably the teacher in her.  With such high expectations I was always grateful that I seemed to pass the test when marrying her granddaughter.

I always enjoyed talking with Marilyn and listening to her stories.  That's probably one of the things I miss most about her.

The quickness that this happened brings to mind how delicate the human body is.  How delicate life is.
Make sure you enjoy every day.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

What a wonderful tribute. Thoughts are with your family.
-Jordan

Gil Drake said...

I will always remember her with fondness Ed. She was a very special lady.