Saturday, December 24, 2011

I used my tablet and I liked it!

When I purchased my tablet it was because I wanted one.  Not because I needed one. In fact I struggled to think of any reason why I would need one when trying to justify the purchase to Cari.

Since owning it, I have not regretted it.  I still don't have reasons for needing it, but I do use it.  I read a lot of news on the tablet in the evenings.  I watch some You Tube, and I've also started reading some books. Nothing exciting, but I'm using it.

Last week I took my tablet with me to basketball practice and had my "Ah! Ha!" moment of owning a tablet.  I was at the gym, sitting in the bleachers during practice.  There was no wifi (serious!) so I couldn't use the internet or read the news.  Instead I:

Loaded up Antipaper Notes to write some notes and draw a related sketch.
Next I turned on Google Music to play some music that was previously loaded onto the tablet.  While the music quietly played into my headphones I opened the Kindle app to read some more of the book I've been reading.  After reading for a while, I chose a different play list of music and started Google Docs and typed up an outline of a blog.

When basketball practice was over, I felt like I had accomplished a lot of things that I had on my mind that evening.  *note: all the apps I used that night cost me a total of $0.00

I actually had a productive moment with my tablet.  I used my tablet and I liked it!

I wasn't even connected to Wifi!  Imagine if I had been. . . I would have had all the distractions of the internet and got nothing done at all.  

1 comment:

Tom said...

Kind of like me with my iPad...the only reason I got one was because of work, and I wasn't sure how I would use it. I can't say that I "need" it, but I've certainly found ways to use it where I might not have used a laptop or smart phone.