Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lost a Friend


Today is the funeral of a great friend.  Scott Layman.  His parents adopted me and my family when we moved here years ago.   Since that time we have been a part of the Layman family as they have been a part of ours.

I can't sit here and write a eulogy because I don't believe I could ever do a sufficient enough job for what Scott deserves but I do want to tell you just a bit about him.

I'll tell you that Scott was one of those guys that you instantly became friends with.  Someone with a welcoming smile at all times.  If you needed help, and Scott could help you, there was no doubt that it would be done.

Everyone that knew Scott already misses him, and always will. 

2 comments:

Farm Girl in MD said...

so sorry for your loss. Your family and his are in our prayers.

Tom said...

So sorry to hear this, Ed. Words always seem to fail at times like these.