Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Black Widow

Oh!  Look who made a nest on my back porch.  
She must have been doing pretty good down there because she was fat.
As I took my photos, Cari grabbed a bottle of insect spray.
The spider ran for cover, but it was too late. The poison coated her.  
It didn't take long for her to curl up and die, but we put gloves on before we continued to clean up the storage box.

I normally don't have any problem killing a spider when it's the bitey kind.  But this happened on Earth Day, so I had a feeling we should relocate her or kill her on a different day.  That feeling was quickly replaced and overwhelmed by, "OOOOHHHH! Kill it!  KILLLLLLLL  ITTTTT!!"

2 comments:

atlibertytosay said...

This is one of the only insects other thn ticks or fleas that I always kill.

I play badminton with carpenter bees too … so I guess they are kilt* too.

Mark said...

Poor spider :(