Sunday, April 01, 2012

Life in a box

A friend of mine convinced me to sign up for a promotional event being put on by a local glass company.  I didn't really expect to be picked, but I signed up anyway.   As it turns out, I was chosen by the company to participate in their promotion.  That means that by the time you read this, I'll be in my third and final day of the stunt.

This stunt was put together to increase awareness of their glass business, McCall's Glass Co in Greenville. They wanted to have someone live in a glass box from Friday morning through Sunday evening.  When I signed up, I thought spending the weekend in an eight by eight square box sounded funny.  Then, with my friend's help, I was selected to be the person to actually live in glass house this weekend.  Now I'll know how funny that 8x8 box truly is.

The box is located in Falls park near downtown, where you can come observe me, like an exhibit at the zoo.


The promotion was inspired by a stunt that David Blaine did in London back in 2003.  Thankfully, I don't have to recreate his actual stunt.  I'm going to be fed and I'll get a few breaks each day to use the bathroom and have a few moments of privacy.

If I make it to Sunday night I'll win a $2,500 cash prize.  Is that worth a weekend spent at the park?  I think so. While on display I anticipate plenty of taunting and gawking by the people that find me tucked away in a corner of the park.  To help pass the time, I plan on taking photos of the people photographing me. I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about when I get back home, so be ready for some updates early in the week.

Until then, you can find me on display, living in my 8x8 glass box!

3 comments:

Farm Girl in MD said...

So? Did you make it to Sunday night? (or did I miss that somewhere?)

Farm Girl in MD said...

You would think I would have learned by now to ignore your posts on april 1.

Duck Hunter said...

I meant to reply to your other comment. I was surprised you didn't catch the date. :)