Saturday, May 05, 2012

Earn Your Dessert!

A few nights ago, after dinner, I asked my kids,  "what would you do for a Klondike bar?" 


The answers:
13 year old: my chores
10 year old: sing karaoke
4 year old: eat it


Two of them got a Klondike bar. The third is going to have to give a better answer.


So after some singing the 10 year old ran into the kitchen to enjoy some ice cream.  The 4 year old joined her after a short dance.  The oldest had to think of another challenge.  


He rejected wearing a dress and getting the picture posted on Facebook.  
He rejected singing.
We compromised on standing on one foot for thirty seconds.


By the time we got the challenges settled up, I went into the kitchen for my dessert and the kids asked me what I would do for a Klondike bar.  I didn't realize I was playing.

No comments: