Friday, April 11, 2014

Statistics

Google provides some information for who is looking at this blog and I decided to see who you people are.

First of all let's talk for a minute about Duck Notes blog.

I've posted over 1,900 posts in ten years and Google has recorded over 107,000 page views.

By far, the post that drags the most people here is one about Murphy's Village in North Augusta and that's because apparently people are Google searching that term every. single. day.   That post lists over 44,000 page views since it was posted late in 2008.  Originally comments were allowed on that post but people started arguing about gypsies and then the gypsies started defending themselves there.  I had to turn off comments for that one.

The next thing I wanted to learn is who is coming here.  These numbers are for visitors during the past month.

It would appear that I draw a large crowd from Russia but I'm fairly certain that it's mostly just Putin.  He just can't wait for the next update and spends a lot of time refreshing his browser.

The 21 people from the UK are probably all people looking for friends living in North Augusta.

Next up is what kind of browser are you using when you visit Duck Notes.

Honestly, I don't really care what you use to get here. But you people on Internet Explorer need to try something else.

Since we're looking at browsers we might as well take a look at what operating system you are using.  I need to know how many people love their iPhones.  If it looks like a good chunk of my audience I'll probably hold off on trash talking Apple.
Woah.  Some guy is still living in the late 90's with that BlackBerry.  Leave me a comment and I'll put in for getting you a new phone Kevin.  Thankfully it looks like only 17% of you are using Apple software so I'll continue looking down on Apple products.

Finally I wanted to check out your addresses on Google maps.

Just kidding.

Thanks for stopping to take a look at the blog.  I'm going to keep posting so it's kind of nice knowing people are taking time to read.  Even if almost all of you are just looking for dirt on the Irish Travelers.

1 comment:

Mark said...

It's a good thing you didn't trash talk Apple, or their offended fans would be inflating your hit count right about now.
Whew! Holy war averted!