We found our seats before going exploring and people watching. We were near the endzone - which I initially wasn't sure would provide a good view of the game, but turned out it was an amazing view of the game.
The stadium has a capacity of over 70,000 and they said it was a sold out event. That's a lot of football fans in one place.
A few things I want to mention about attending a game.
1. It's loud. I've been to several NASCAR races and, I'm telling you, the noise in that stadium when Cam Newton threw a touchdown pass is louder than 43 cars in a pack at Daytona.
2. I didn't realize how much the players communicate and give direction before a play.
3. It was fun watching the players interact and play to the crowd after a big play.
4. Oh man! It's loud. The sound is part of what made it so fun.
5. It's pretty rare to use your seat. You stand up and cheer the entire game.
6. Charlotte knows how to move traffic for events. I have been to NASCAR, NBA, and now NFL events in Charlotte and have never once had a problem parking or leaving an event.
Here is a collection of photos and short videos I took during the game:
Carolina won the game last Sunday and remain undefeated this season. We had an amazing time at the game. This wasn't part of our original trip but at the last minute we were gifted these tickets from a great friend. This made for an awesome finish to our trip.