Friday, October 22, 2004

Bloggy, blog, blog.

I was checking out the main page at http://www.blogger.com.
There is a section toward the bottom that shows recently updated blogs. The list is all the blogs updated in a ten minute period. About fifteen minutes ago, this list was about a thousand entries long! I had checked it out the other day and it was around six hundred for that last ten minute period!

I didn't realize that many people could read, write, and use the internet. Seeing numbers like that made me realize I'll certainly never become an internet superstar blog writer. I'm just a speck. A speck with an audience of about five, max. This doesn't really bother me. I never expected to become internet superstar. I enjoy sitting down to write from time to time. I would like to sit and write short stories, even if I was the only one to enjoy them. I amuse myself.

Since I started this, I'll occationaly spend a few minutes randomly selecting blogs off of that list to read. I haven't found one yet worth bookmarking. Some have been half way interesting. Some were very boring. It is like taking a look into that persons life. Maybe someday, somebody will randomly select my blog to read. I hope they find it half way interesting. And if they happen to randomly select it now, I hope they come back in a week or so, to see what else I come up with.

Don't have a blog yet for yourself? What, are you living in the dark ages?

No comments: