Sunday, June 12, 2005

Telephone

I do not like to talk on the phone. I am on the phone all day at work, and when I get home, I don't even want to hear the phone ring.

Cari really takes good care of me when it comes to this. She will ask who it is asking for me, and then she will make the decision if they need to talk to me or not. She doesn't come in and ask if I want to talk to the guy from the newspaper, she just knows to get rid of him.

Cari also knows that I will not answer the phone. She is not so thrilled about this at times. I can be sitting next to the phone. I mean, so close, my finger is touching it. It starts ringing and I will not budge. That phone will not get answered. At least not until Cari gets up and walks across the room to answer it.

Answering the phone at home used to be a much bigger deal to me. I would stop what I was doing. Then I would run across the house. Then I would dig around, hunting for the phone, and answer it. After all that, it would be a guy selling me something. Man, I would get upset.

To resolve that, I did two things.
#1. added our phone number to the national do-not call registry. This makes a HUGE difference in the number of calls you get.
#2. I simply stopped answering the phone.

Problem solved.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

A wife, mother, and secretary. You got quite the catch!