Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mongols on the Mountain!


We had a great time at Moonshine Mountain Snow Tubing last week. It was cold and the place was packed with people.  But that hill was FAST.

Before you could tackle the hill, you had to sign a few waivers telling the owners of the place that you wouldn't sue them, even if you lost an arm. . . or a kid.  They also placed a list of warnings on your ride ticket to remind you about the extreme danger you had agreed to put yourself into.

We sat down to read the list of warnings while we waited for our turn.  "I know what ice dangers are and some of the other things, but I'm not sure what MONGOLS are.  Whatever they are, they have them here."

"Do you mean MOGULS?" I asked.  It seemed more likely that they would have bumps in the snow rather than a group of warriors from Northern China.  In their own way, each is kinda scary.  I wasn't sure which one I would rather encounter on my way down.  Thankfully, by the end of the day I hadn't seen either of those hazards during my time at Moonshine Mountain.

Oh, and by the way, my arm and my kid both made it home safely.

No comments: