Sunday, January 29, 2012

Time for a Date

Cari and I went on a date Friday night and we decided to head into downtown Greenville.  After dinner, we walked around town and started a game.  As we passed strangers on the sidewalk, we'd hear parts of their conversation, and then we would fill in the blanks of the story.

There was the street preacher, the girl crying out like a horse (yeah...true), and the couple on the bridge.  The couple on the bridge was our favorite.  They were each dressed up a bit and standing a few steps away from each other.  As we approached, it was obvious in their body language that they weren't having a great evening. The woman said something about not wanting to spend time with him.  "That's why I made other plans for tonight! I don't want to be with you."  He mumbled a response as we passed them and as we got farther away I heard her say something about him calling all the time.

Cari and I had a great time trying to figure out that story.  If she had made other plans and didn't want to be with him, how did they both end up dressed nicely, standing on a bridge together?  Cari's favorite scenario for them is that the woman was at a nearby restaurant with her friends when the stalker boyfriend stood on the sidewalk tapping on the windows.  She finally had to come out and confront him.

We made our way over to Falls Park and got coffee in a place filled with hipsters.  Then we saw it.  This sign.
Under 18 not allowed in the park after 10pm.  I looked around for some teens so I could point my finger and taunt them.  As I was choosing my target, Cari grabbed my arm and stopped me.  "It's not ten o'clock yet."  

Even though the teens were allowed in the park with us, it was still a great date and we had a great time.

No comments: