Sunday, February 26, 2012

Get off my Back

One of my favorite sports seasons is starting up today.  Racing season.  Nascar starts their season at one of the biggest, craziest tracks today in Daytona.

To get things started off properly we decided to buy a new TV.  Some of you may run out and buy a new TV before the Superbowl, well this is my Superbowl.

Cari and I chose a TV online and headed over to Best Buy to pick it up.

When we arrived we walked through the television aisles to take a look at the displays before loading up the one we had chosen.  We were greeted by a salesman who offered his help.  When we told him we didn't have any questions he hovered for a moment and then moved along.  Two minutes later a different salesman came over to offer help.  When we tried to shoo him away, he persisted a little longer than the first.  With our cart, we headed toward the box we wanted and a third salesman approached us.  This guy had a DirecTV logo on his shirt.  When I told him we were about to load up the one we wanted he said he wanted to tell me about a "Super special offer".  I looked toward him and smiled.  "No thanks", I said.

He took a step toward me and started talking.  I waved him away with my hand and told him we weren't interested.  He looked shocked that someone didn't want to hear about the super special offer.

I couldn't wait to get out of the store before even more of the blue-shirt vultures descended on my family and I. Buying a new TV should be a fun experience but Best Buy insists on making it annoying and stressful.

When I am watching the Daytona 500 this afternoon on my new HD TV - I'm going to be cheering for someone to put that Best Buy car into the wall.  That would be annoying and stressful to them.

No comments: