Sunday, September 02, 2012

The Internet has Died!

The problem is that there are no blinking lights on the cable modem.  While performing some yard work yesterday we managed to cut the line carrying the internet into the house.  Cari and I agreed that it would have been much better to have lost television rather than the internet. 

There wasn't any kind of instant panic when we saw the cable break.  It was just a minute of thinking if we would be able to repair it ourselves.  During that quiet minute of thought two kids came running out of the house - "The internet has died!"

After my patch work on the cable failed we went with plan "B".   It's time to get friendly with our immediate neighbors.  If we can strike up enough conversation with them maybe we will get some clues to figuring out their Wi-Fi passwords.  "Hey Bill, I was thinking of setting up a new router.  What are some good passwords to use?"  I sent Randy over to find out what their goldfish is named.

I'm not sure how long it will take to revive the internet in my house.  We are all surviving so far, but one thing is for sure.  Tablets, iPods, laptops, and computers in general are A LOT less useful without that umbilical cord of the internet.

1 comment:

Mark said...

>After my patch work on the cable failed we went with plan "B".

I'm so glad you didn't go into more detail on what went wrong. (an underground coax splice kit would have been the ticket)