Friday, November 30, 2012

Decorating. Done.

Last week we got our boxes out of the attic and started getting the house ready for Christmas.   My job, as always, is to drag the extension ladder to the front of the house and string lights along the gutter.  Oh, the joy this job brings me.  I love trying to level and steady the ladder on the ground and then slowly climb as I watch the gutter bend under my weight.  As I get to the top and gingerly lean over to clip some lights I look below to see kids chasing the dog around at the base of the ladder.   I'm going to die.

This year I even noticed a group of Vultures circling high above the house as I was on the ladder.  They must have been hopeful that I would come down hard.  Thankfully, that never happened.
Later, we went to Lowe's and picked out a Christmas tree.  We've given up on our artificial tree for now and all of us going to the store to pick one out is more fun than opening another box from the attic.

After all the decorating was done and the ornaments were on the tree, Cari and I stood and admired our work.


 Decorating.  Done.

No comments: