Monday, November 26, 2012

Plague Protection

It started with the boy.  High fever and achy symptoms.  A day later the youngest started to cough and have a rough voice.  That's when I knew it was time to be on high alert around my house.  The plague had made it's way in.

Another day passes and Cari started coughing more and more.  Three of the five of us had fallen ill.  After work that day, I hid in a corner of the house with the only healthy child.  Huddled together, we feared the plague every time someone came into the room to talk to us.  "Mom, just text me", my daughter pleaded.

Day four kept two down for the count.  The youngest never caught the full plague and recovered from her cough.

Day five had the boy recovering nicely and Cari laid up in the bed for 30+ hours.

Day six and seven showed everyone recovering nicely.  Two of remained clean through the week the plague attacked.

How did we do it?  Careful isolation of the sick people, orange juice, and cake.  The two of us ate a lot of cake while everyone was asleep and I think that's what did it.  The key to remaining healthy is lots of CAKE.

1 comment:

Farm Girl in MD said...

Cake is always the answer!