Friday, November 29, 2013

Keep Shopping!

I considered not posting a blog today because you would all be out shopping and wouldn't read it.   But as I thought about Black Friday and what it is becoming I realized that more of you are probably shopping online in your pajamas.

Over the past two years online shopping has been cutting into what was once a mad dash into Wal-Mart.  This year I noticed  more and more stores putting out pre-black Friday ads to draw the customer in a week early.  Still, the push to be the first destination continues by retailers and we have seen more stores deciding to open Thursday night this year. I suppose that is what the consumer has demanded.  It's proven with full parking lots at Wal-Mart and the malls Thursday evening.  

I would have thought that online shopping would have taken some of the pressure off of Black Friday but it doesn't seem to have.   The shoppers just keep on shopping.

No comments: