Tuesday, November 18, 2014

800 Miles

Last week I made the 800 mile trip with just the youngest with me.  We did great together and I was surprised how quiet she stayed for the majority of the thirteen hours together.
One of the highlights was when we were driving in snow.  It wasn't that much snow, not enough to put the wipers on, but it was snowing.
 Why flip flops?  Because she wanted to wear them.



As it came time to make the return trip, the forecast had a chance of multiple inches of snow.  I was warned about this weather but declared that I would be making the journey home no matter how much snow was on the ground in the morning.
When we woke up there was no snow on the ground and we all got in the car for the 13 hour adventure home.  Coming home there were six of us in two cars and we did remarkably well at sticking together on the highway.   We never did see snow on Sunday but we had plenty of rain.  Nearly the entire day was in light rain.   At least we didn't have the sun shining in our eyes all day.

While I do enjoy driving I think I hope I get a bit of a break from these marathon sessions for a while.


No comments: