Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Serial Podcast

Podcast is the new radio.  If you aren't doing it you are probably missing some great programs.

The Pocket Casts app that I use on my phone downloads any new episodes every day at 4am.  When I get in the car I have a list of shows to listen to.

One of the latest and greatest shows to download is Serial.  This show has reached the 5 million downloads / streaming faster than any other podcast to date.  This is what I was talking about when I said you might be missing some great programs.

Serial is a weekly podcast where each episode continues on the same story.  Currently we are at episode nine and listeners are anxiously awaiting episode 10.   Don't worry if you haven't been listening because the great thing is that you can download all the episodes and get caught up.

The current story is about a man in prison for murder.  He says he didn't do it and the reporter / host decided to do some investigating into his case.

The production and story telling in this series is awesome.  As I listen to each episode I go through a range of opinions and emotions.  "OH, he is certainly guilty!!", in one episode becomes, "They convicted the wrong guy!", in the next.   And then every few episodes you start saying, "Why isn't Jay in jail?".

If you have a smart phone and enjoy a great story.  Get yourself an app to listen to Podcasts and search for Serial.

Their website can also help get you started:  SERIAL PODCAST

There are some other great podcasts available and I believe we are going to see a trend of entertainers moving to this platform and away from radio as time goes on.  Get on the bus everyone because this is the way we're headed!

1 comment:

Laura A said...

I keep hearing about Serial, I need to check it out!