Thursday, January 29, 2015

No Screens

At dinner last night I went around the table asking the kids what is their favorite activity that doesn't involve a screen of some type.

One of the kids wasn't really interested in my conversation and replied, "cleaning my room."
A teenager kid talked about band and the last kid made it sound like nothing was enjoyable without a screen.  I quickly threw a few suggestions at that child until they agreed there were enjoyable things in the world that didn't have an LCD screen.

I enjoy playing video games too but there gets to be times where I feel like there are too many screens around and I thought my dinner conversation would provoke some interesting responses.  I don't think my conversation will have much influence without enforcement but it was an interesting topic to think about.  Do you ever feel like there are too many screens in your house?  Do you limit their use in any way?  Share your ideas!

No comments: