Sunday, September 24, 2006

Let there be light!

I went to Lowe's and purchased a chandelier on clearance. Once I got it home, Cari pointed out that we needed light bulbs for it. It uses the candelabra bulbs (small base) and we don't have any other fixtures that use them.

Another trip to Lowe's to buy bulbs. Five bulbs exactly, 60 watts. In the bulb aisle I quickly realized that chandelier bulbs are sold in FOUR packs. I had to buy EIGHT bulbs when I only needed five. This is a complete scam!!!

Before buying my bulbs, I walked over to the lamp department. Sure enough, ninety percent of the chandeliers have five bulbs. I couldn't find more than two lights that held eight bulbs and less than five models had only four bulbs. I'm almost tempted to write a letter to Sylvania demanding an apology for making me buy eight bulbs.

Other companies will probably join in on this crusade to rip off the public too. Glove manufactures will start to sell three packs of gloves. Two lefts and one right in every package. That's not one for free, you pay for that extra left. If you lose the right glove, off you go to buy three more.

I feel I have purpose today. I'm looking for someone that needs three candelabra bulbs. 60 watts, never been used.

4 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

LMAO. Love the glove comment. Great for families with kids who lose that one mitt.

John said...

See, this whole conspiracy has been going on forever . . . ten hot dogs and tweleve buns? grrr.

GoGo said...

Hey, i bought a "3 Light Retro Brushed Bath Fixture" at Lowes this weekend.

Got me one spare blub from the four pack.

your 3 and my one + ebay.....
Hmm the riches the await!

Michelle said...

I went to Lowes for the first time ever today to get Main Line Cleaner. We usually get it at Walmart, but they were out. Lowes doesn't carry it, nor does Menards or Target. I was shocked. I mean for one the whole town is having sewer problems, and two Walmart has a product that these other places don't. Very odd.