Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dirt

"That stuff tastes like dirt."  Cari said as she scrunched her face at my breakfast this morning.  
"Grape-nuts is the best cereal of all time," I replied as I extended a spoonful her direction.  

She asked me what's so good about it and I told her, "There is no sugar".

"Like dirt," she replied.

"It's full of minerals such as iron and zinc," I continued.

"Like dirt," she replied.

"It's crunchy," I said with a smile as I took a bite. 

"Like dirt," she replied.  

I finally had to admit it may have the texture of a gravel road, but it's still my favorite breakfast cereal.



7 comments:

d e v a n said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d e v a n said...

I agree with Cari. Grape nuts taste terrible! Too crunchy, like rocks. yuk.

Anonymous said...

Ed,

You are correct. Grape nuts are probably my favorite as well.

J

Anonymous said...

grapenuts
they are the best and they are good for the teeth

One Scrappy Gal said...

It hurts to chew it!! YUCK!

rakethetable said...

I can't believe Grape Nuts still exist. I encouraged my mother to by a box when I was a child. I didn't taste anything remotely like grapes. It is only slightly worse than an bowl full of dirt.

Melba said...

mmmm, I LOVE grape nuts, but they are quite similar to dirt now that I think about it! :) My grandparents always ate these for breakfast, they take me right back to childhood.

Melba