Sunday, September 21, 2008

Price to Pay

Being parents requires Cari and I to be a team.  We each have to give in sometimes times to make it work.  Sometimes you just have to take one for the team.  

This morning Cari woke me up while she was getting ready for church.  Normally, she will get up and take the kids to Sunday school and I meet them for service an hour later.  She sat on the bed and told me that Randy wasn't feeling good and asked if I would miss church to stay home with him today.  

I did my very best to mask my sarcasm when I answered her, "I'd really hate to have to lay in bed for an extra hour this morning, but if that's what you need me to do, I'm here for you". 

6 comments:

Farm Girl in MD said...

Such sacrifices you are willing to make! Good for you :)

Meg and Family said...

Hi,
You inspired me to post a blog. It is in it's beging stages.
Meg

rakethetable said...

What's the idea that you get an extra hours sleep? Shouldn't you too get up and attend Sunday School?

**My wife will not allow me to stay in bed for the extra hour. She is kind enough to iron my shirt for me**

Melba said...

This is a great picture of you two...so happy! :)

Poptart said...

You lazy bum!

One Scrappy Gal said...

I know it was really, really hard for you. I'm proud of you for just sucking it up and doing it! I hope you were warm and comfortable!