Saturday, February 26, 2011

Where Do You Live?

This morning, before any coffee was consumed, Cari and I were sitting at the computer.  She was filling out some forms and asked me what our church's address is.  She knew the street name, but was trying to confirm the number.  While I looked it up on Google, she said she thought it was 309 because our neighbors house ends in 09.

Then I asked her what our own house number is.  In return, I got a blank look.  Then I confused myself.  "It's 510, right?"  Still a blank look.  We had both forgotten our address.

"I need coffee.", she told me.

I went to Google maps to figure out where I was sitting and Cari got up and left the room.  I thought she was getting coffee, but I heard the front door open.  She was going to look and see what number we have posted on the front of the house.

Oh!  It's going to be a rough day.

1 comment:

jen (melty) said...

ha!

For some reason this reminded me of when my older son was born.. My husband went home to get some stuff and a shower, and the neighbor saw him and asked about the baby.. He could not remember a single t hing about him other than he was a boy.. forgot his name! Neighbor stopped talking to us after that so at least there's that.