Monday, August 29, 2011

High School Football

It's been a long time since the last time I've been to a high school football game.  This year Randy is playing with the high school marching band so it gives me a great excuse to be there.

This past Friday night was the first game of the season.  There was a great crowd for this first game.  It was the first game in a brand new stadium at a newly constructed school.

 At half time our school had a comfortable lead in the game.  I had forgotten how exciting these games can be and how much fun it is when the crowd gets enthusiastic for their home team.

The band came out for their first performance of the year and did a great job.
 From my memory, the cheerleaders stood on the sidelines with their pom poms performing their cheers.  The cheerleaders at our high school do that as well, but they also do some pretty impressive stunts.  The first time they did that during the game it caught me off guard a bit.  I wasn't expecting to see a girl pop up from the middle of them all.  
My first experience back at a Friday night football game was a good one and was made even better by the fact that the home team won their first game of the season.  I'm looking forward to the next game already.

1 comment:

Farm Girl in MD said...

cheerleading certainly is a big deal down there! My cousin (who is from Columbia) eat, slept and breathed cheerleading her entire school career!