Saturday, August 27, 2011

There Goes the Neighborhood

I went through a stage on my blog writing about my neighbors.  They all had stereotyped on the blog and we had some fun with them.  I haven't done that in a while. There's probably more than one reason why that slowly came to a stop, but today I thought I'd give you an update.

The Yankee family.  The one with the boy that wouldn't take a hint around dinner time.  They moved. There was something about the husband bringing his girlfriend over to the house to meet his wife.  Somehow that just didn't work out for him.  I believe they stopped paying on the house and it now sits empty.

The grass maniac doesn't have time any more.  I kinda take that as a small victory.  As my lawn mower spews weed seeds into the border land, he just couldn't keep up.  I think he finally just gave in.  It was either that or he was going to have to start maintaining half of my yard too.

Atheist.   Yeah.  He's still there.  Not really sure what is going on over there besides not praying to God.  But for whatever reason they generate A LOT of garbage in that house.  What I do know is on a hot summer day, sometimes the rotting stench of trash increases the amount that I pray.

There's now another empty house on the block.  I'm just waiting for some (friendly) squatters to show up and claim one of the empty houses.

At least I would be able to start blogging about them.

1 comment:

Farm Girl in MD said...

I'd write about all my neighbors...except they are all my family...so I'd probably get in trouble...