Tuesday, January 03, 2012

15 years

I've been working for the same company for fifteen years now.  At their amazement that I lasted this long, they decided to offer me a gift.  I'm not sure how other companies amazed and bewildered by a long lasting employee offer rewards, but my company sent me to a website and urged me to select a gift.

I was expecting jackets and watches that feature the company logo, and those were a part of the offering, but there were also dozens of other items I could choose.  More jewelry, a camping tent, binoculars, a dart board, and cooking ware are all on the list.

There was nothing that struck me that it was "the" item.  As a result, I haven't selected anything yet.  I've been back to the website twice to review and narrow down my options.  I'm down to a tent and a watch.  I don't really need either but I'd probably use those the most.  I'm not sure why I'm taking it so seriously.  Maybe because it's a one time deal, like if I choose the wrong item I'll be stuck with it forever.

After fifteen years you would think I would be able to make a decision!  In the back of my head I keep telling myself that I ought to hurry up and make my selection before they fire me and I miss the opportunity.

No comments: