Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Christmas Prep

Last night at dinner I asked the kids what they wanted for Christmas this year.  Here is most of what I heard:

iPod Touch
a pony
a robot (that makes breakfast)
Kindle Fire (suggested by the 5 year old)
a vacation to Ireland

I quickly stopped this game.  I'm not sure what fantasy land this family lives in and I was a little surprised how there was no hesitation in shouting out these desires. A pony.  Really?   I was thinking more along the lines of some new shoes, some Lego's, or maybe an iTunes gift card.

I'm glad I asked with more than two months of prep work still to go.  I have some work to do on expectations before Christmas morning.

3 comments:

Tom said...

I think a robot that makes breakfast is perfectly within reason.

Farm Girl in MD said...

It never hurts to ask, right?

Duck Hunter said...

You know, Farm Girl, if I didn't want to know, I shouldn't have asked.

@Tom - let me know when you find that robot.