Sunday, October 21, 2012

Natural Bridge Hike

It was a beautiful fall day and we didn't have time to hit the Pkwy, so we looked up and headed to a new place.  We chose the Keowee-Toxaway State park.   A fairly small park not far from home.  Once I read about the trails in the park I wondered why we hadn't been before now.  

The trail we chose was a 1.5 mile loop.  A loop.  That part seemed to confuse my kids on this day.  "How much farther until we turn around?"  We hiked the Natural Bridge trail.  The natural bridge was kind of interesting.  It is a large rock formation with a creek flowing underneath it.  Unfortunately, the natural bridge itself is not very photogenic.  So you won't be seeing a picture of it on this blog.

We let the youngest lead our group.  She was proud to be the leader and if you even thought about taking a step in front of her she would push you back in line and shout, "I'm the leader!"   When she was ready for a break you took a break.  When she was ready to hike, you hiked.  

Here's some of my photos from the day:

No sweetheart.  The trail does not go up the tree. 

 The first half of this trail was downhill.  We all knew what that meant.

What are you looking at?

A few maple leaves didn't get the message that fall has arrived.


Only five tries to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time.  Success.

 Keowee-Toxaway State Park is on the list to visit again.  Next time we hope to tackle the longer trail which is just over 4 miles.  In case you were worried, it's also a loop.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks to you, I hereby pledge to keep my blog free of non-photogenic natural bridges.

Duck Hunter said...

LOL. You should go see it Mark. I have a photo on my phone I can email you. You won't be impressed.

Mark said...

I'll try to make it out there before it warms up again. I have passed by the park before, but never stopped in.