Thursday, October 25, 2012

This Post Not Approved by the Post Master General

approved by the post master general.   I have a thought to challenge that!

I noticed that every mailbox has the words "approved by the post master general" stamped into it.  Is this really a necessary function of the post master?  It's one of those things that got into my head this week and has me wondering.

Maybe I should build my own mailbox.  NOT approved by the post master general.  What then?  Will my mailman even notice?  Will I still get mail?  Oh!  The horror!  No mail!  Maybe I will custom build it to hold the average amount of mail I receive.  Maybe I'll paint the flag on it purple... no, maybe it won't have a physical flag... I'll make a flag out of LED lights.  In fact the whole box is going to be wired up.  Including surveillance cameras.  That way, when the post master general comes to remove my un-approved box, I'll have him on video doing it.

If the USPS is hemorrhaging money like they say it is let's start by letting people build their own mailboxes.  What would yours look like?

1 comment:

Tom said...

I just had to replace our mailbox, and I wondered about that myself. Had I not been so lazy, I would have built my own non-approved box.