Thursday, October 11, 2012

Moment of Truth

After some careful consideration, purchasing, and waiting, all of my computer components arrived. I carefully  assembled them and admired my work.  Everything fit in the metal case!

After sealing the case, I slid it under the desk and spent an hour figuring out how to plug everything into it and find enough outlets for all the pieces to get power. It was during this hour that re-created the nest of tangled wires that I had just un-tangled the day before.

I climbed back into my desk chair and stared at the blank monitor in front of me.  This was the moment of truth.  When I reach my hand down to the power button, will it come on?  I took a breath.  There have been computers in the past that I have built that haven't past this test.

I clicked the button and the screen came to life.  Success!

Now I'll spend three days installing software and 130 updates to Windows 7.  Other wise known as "The fun part".

No comments: