Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mr. Mom (again)

My wife took off and left town for a few days leaving me in charge of the house.  This blog is evidence that I survived to tell my story.

Day 1 - I asked the youngest what time nap time would be.  She told me nap time is when it gets dark out and we go to bed.  There would not be a nap on day one.

There was also nobody to make me coffee.  I would have to learn to work this Keurig on my own.
Since there was no naps allowed, I took the girl to a friend's house to help pack down some gravel.  If I couldn't get a nap I was going to wear her down.
 Day 2 was Saturday.  There was still no nap on the schedule. For lunch we decided to have some chicken.  In my house if it's not a chicken nugget and there are still bones under the meat it's called "bone chicken".

For lunch I tried to boost my popularity rating in the house by providing the popular meal of bone chicken.

Day 3.  Went to church. On the seventh day God rested.  Mr. Mom never rests.  There were still more orders and chores to dole out to the kids while I watched NASCAR.

As a reward for their hard work I made a dinner that nobody complained about!  YEAH!

Day 4.  Thank goodness for school.  Just me and the youngest.  She helped me clean the house and make some dehydrated apples.  We mostly relaxed on this day as we searched for Waldo in all the Where's Waldo books.  This was my last day in charge and I was tired.   Pizza for dinner.

At some point after dinner on Day 4 Cari came back home to loud cheers by both the children and by me.  We were all glad to have someone properly running this house again.

1 comment:

Laura A said...

Glad you all survived :)