Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Top 3 Used Smartphone Apps

I haven't done this in a long time so I thought I would update you on some of my most used Android Apps.  Some of these are also available on the Apple iTunes store.

#1.  Pocket Casts -- I have found this to be the best podcast app.  I mostly listen to audio podcasts while driving and this app makes it easy to create a play list and hit play.  It auto downloads everything I subscribe to every morning at 4am making this an effortless process like it should be.  

For anyone out there listening to Podcasts, here is my playlist: The Moth (short stories), This American Life (an hour long weekly program with a theme.  Interesting), Freakanomics (interesting stories with an economics theme), Radio Lab (interesting stories with a science theme), Engadget (technology talk), and The Verge (technology and culture talk).

#2. Twitter -- I read Twitter way more than I post on it.  I have found Twitter to be one of the best sources of news headlines.  If you have a smart phone but don't use Twitter I suggest trying it.  Just follow local and national news stations.

#3. Google+  I don't use FaceBook much because there is something about it I don't like.  I never have liked it.  But Google+ is different in some way.  Maybe it's just that Google put it together.  Either way, I do enjoy using it daily.

Those are the top 3 apps on my phone that I use every single day.  There are a few others that I use occasionally but nothing else comes to mind in the apps I use throughout each day.  If you have a great app you use every day I'd be interested to know what it is.

No comments: