Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Night - finally

I think I look forward to Friday night high school football games now more than when I was in high school.

When I was in high school I didn't pay much attention to the game.  There were too many other distractions.  Such as. . . the concession stands.   Now I pay attention to the game.   Many times Cari and I are sitting in the bleachers playing coach.

It's a bonus being in a town with only one high school.  The football game becomes a place where all of your friends and neighbors come together to cheer for the same cause.  Everyone is on the same team and it adds to the excitement of the night.

There's so much more than the game.  It's sitting outside with the stadium lights shining on the field, it's the sounds of the band and of the cheerleaders.   It's the smell of the. . . concession stands.

Tonight is the first game of the season and it's an away game.   Although we are not at home there will still be plenty of friends and neighbors at the game and we'll all be wearing red and black.


No comments: