Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bubbles


Brenna came running into the office today holding a small bottle of bubbles.  My first reaction was to grab it before she dumped it on the floor.  Once I had the bubbles in my hand she kept pointing at the bottle, wanting me to open it.

I told her we couldn't do bubbles in the house but she persisted.  She put my free hand on the cap as she was jabbering.  I'm sure she was telling me to open the bottle and make her happy.

My initial thought was that I didn't want bubble soap on my floor, but I finally gave in to her cuteness.  How could I not?   I decided that I would blow one burst of bubbles and be done with it.

Her reaction was adorable.  She squealed with joy and clasped her hands as the bubbles came down around her.  As the last one popped, she looked at me.  She, of course, wanted more.  I couldn't resist. All together we did bubbles for more than ten minutes in the office.  The soapy floor can be wiped up.  Watching her excitement was worth way more than a bit of clean up.

No comments: