Sunday, November 29, 2009

Silence



I fixed Facebook.
I have a lot of problems with Facebook that keep me from using and enjoying it. Anyone that is my "friend" on the site may have noticed that I have never updated my "status". Ever.
Now that I am making progress in fixing Facebook, I am closer to the possibility of my first "update".

When I first got onto Facebook I added people from high school that I remembered or remembered not hating. Next I added people that I have met online, including most of you reading this. Co-workers were excluded and always will be.

Since setting up my account and adding "friends", I found that I can barely tolerate Facebook. Too many "friends" are too annoying. I was constantly scrolling through two pages of crap to find two interesting updates. It was so bad that for several weeks I debated deleting more than half of my list.

Last week, as I scrolled through a sea of "updates", I found my way to fix Facebook. I selected the most annoying "friend" and noticed the option to block their updates from my view.

Within ten minutes I had blocked everyone that needed to be muted. I reloaded the site and saw four status updates.

All four were from people that I was really interested in hearing about. It was perfect!

That was the first day I started to enjoy using Facebook. One step at a time.

4 comments:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

I wonder if we were on your blocked list!! ;)

Duck Hunter said...

Neither of you are blocked. I like to learn about your adventures.

RoadRunner said...

well then, guess you won't hear about any of my hijinks anymore.

Duck Hunter said...

Hey Roadrunner... you are safe! I read you and your wife's Facebook!

I'm hoping you can join us on a outdoor trip this year.