Monday, February 08, 2010

Closed for Winter

We have missed getting snow several times.  Instead we just get cold rain.  Very cold, just a bit warmer than an ice cube type of rain.  But twice we've had the good fortune of having our world covered in ice.  

During the last good icing we had I took a few minutes to explore my yard.  

The first thing I noticed was that I forgot to take down the hummingbird feeder last fall.  A nice layer of ice encased the feeder, keeping it preserved for the summer when the birds come back. 
When I made it over to the side yard, in the garden, I saw the bird nest still sitting in the rose tree.  Filled with snow and ice.
The trampoline we got for Christmas looked really cool.  The entire safety net enclosure was laced in ice.  When I pushed on the net, the ice creaked and the mesh moved as one piece.  The jumping mat was covered in snow and ice.  Not a good day for jumping.
If we aren't going to get a good snowman building snowstorm than I would rather it just become Spring.  I'm more than ready to be spending my days outside again.

1 comment:

Farm Girl in MD said...

I'll send some of our snow south :)