Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taking Screech for a Hike

The past few times she has done good hiking.  But each time is taking a chance.  Are you feeling lucky today?

Earlier this week, I was feeling lucky so Cari and I loaded up the car and took the baby hiking with us.  Brenna was in her carrier, strapped to my back, when she started going into her screeching fit.  Oh, it was like having a air horn go off in my ear!  She obviously wasn't interested in being my passenger for the day.

We decided to go with plan "B".  "Brenna's way".   That meant she would walk along the two mile trail with us.

She actually did very well walking on her own and didn't complain like the older kids do when forced to hike.  There were a few spots that we crossed a creek by hopping stone to stone and Cari picked her up during these sections.  Again, the baby squeeled to be put down.  She wanted to walk.

About a mile in she started to complain and fuss.  Mother Nature had wore the baby down and we were then able to put her into the pack.  I carried her, barely awake, for the rest of the trail.

On the way out of the park we spotted four deer up on a hill.  I think they came to the edge of the forest to wish us well with that screaming baby.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

She sounds just like her daddy when I try to pick him up when we go hiking.