Thursday, March 25, 2010

Moose Goo!

As I prepare for another backpacking trip I was trying to calculate how many peanut butter crackers I would need to bring.  Thankfully, I was sent an email by Rake that took me to Ultralight Backpackers website.  There I learned about Ultralight Joe's Moose Goo.

I decided to try it.  Here's a video of my first attempt to mix up a batch:

We have since made another batch with the kids and we mixed in some dried cranberries.  This is a great mix to take hiking and won't require any cooking out on the trail.

Thanks Ultralight Joe!

And yes, I'll be ready for a hot cooked meal the very minute I get OFF of that trail.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Yay!

I get my own personal shout-out.

And yeah, I'll have my hobo bunsen burner.

Tom said...

I love the video editing - the sped up portions work well.

Not so sure about the recipe, though.

Duck Hunter said...

Tom-thanks. I was trying to shorten an already long video.

Aaron- I hope I'm not making a mistake!

Aaron said...

Just so long as it's you. I plan on enjoying a hot dinner.

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Interesting...sounds pretty sweet. Enjoy your camping trip!!

Anonymous said...

Very comical video, maybe it's the time of day that I'm replying but I thought it was funny. The concotion sounds tasty. Have a good time on your trip Ed.