Saturday, June 26, 2010

Using a Toothbrush

I've posted a poll on the blog for this post.  Please take a minute and take the poll posted on the blog.

Have you ever used someone else's toothbrush?  Has anyone ever used yours?

Here's a hypothetical situation for you to consider this morning.

Let's say you are getting ready for work and it's five in the morning.  You get out of the shower and you head over to the sink to brush your teeth.  There you find several tooth brushes, none of which are your color.  A quick glance around the counter reveals that your tooth brush is missing.

I'm not sure what you would do from here, but if I ever found myself in this situation, I think I would choose a new tooth brush.  One of the others sitting on the counter.  I'd probably grab the red one, brush my teeth, rinse off the tooth brush, and put it back where I found it before quickly rushing off to work.

Chances are that the tooth brush I would have chosen would have been my wife's.  At this point, I'd say we share all the same germs.  I'm sure she would understand if this ever happened.

At the end of this hypothetical situation, you come home from work and your spouse asks how you brushed your teeth that morning since your brush was still packed away from last weekends overnight trip.  If I ever found myself in that situation, I'd tell the truth. . .

. . . and then I'd probably blog about it.  My spouse would probably say, "eeewwww".  She probably wouldn't accept my reasoning about the germs and then I'd probably put up a poll on the blog.

So what do you think?  Is it okay to use someone else's toothbrush?

2 comments:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Definitely not....ewwww!! Next time we stay at your place I'm going to keep an eye on my toothbrush! ;)

Melba said...

I'm definitely in the ewwwww, no! category all the way! Gross!