Monday, October 25, 2010

Cow-Print Purse!

I turned off the TV last night after the kids had gone to bed.  Cari and I were sitting and enjoying the rare moment of quiet.  We started talking about what else was going on around town on such a quiet night.

I loaded up a scanner radio application on my phone and tuned into the local police scanner.  It turns out it wasn't that quiet after all.  There was non-stop chatter on the scanner.

My favorite of the night was a suspect, of what I don't know, in Wal-Mart.  I just know it was a female carrying a cow-print purse.  The police department tried to reach Wal-Mart by phone and nobody answered the phone.  Maybe cow-print purse wasn't descriptive enough.

I was tempted to drive over to Wal-Mart and handle the situation.  Instead Cari suggested we stay and listen for the next report.  Five minutes later I was suggesting that we head over to the Title Loan store and see what the two guys in a white truck were doing.

That's when Cari told me that listening to the scanner radio was not a way to get ideas for going out.  It was just for listening.

Oh! I was listening alright.  Do you think I didn't pick up how excited Cari was about that cow print purse?  I'm thinking Christmas!  I'll have the scanner on again tomorrow to see if they have any ideas what I should get my mom.

1 comment:

San said...

U were listening to my job!! I have that ap. It's interesting listening to american police radio