Friday, October 29, 2010

Talet Showdown

The elementary school held a Talent Show with a country theme, hence the name "showdown".

The "N" in Talent fell on a kids head during the first song.  I kept waiting for the whole banner to knock some kids off the bleachers but it never happened.  Just the "N".  If you think it would be hard keeping a class of first graders focused imagine tossing an "N" onto one of them.  Chaos!

From then on this was the Tale T Showdown!  Otherwise known as the Local Taylor Swift concert.  My daughter was one of the many girls playing the role of Taylor Swift.  I must say, I was really impressed with Meredith.  She worked on the song at home and did very well.  But singing at home in her room is different than singing in front of your classmates and their families on a stage.

Meredith was the first solo act on stage and she did incredible!  We are so proud of her.  She was the best Taylor Swift on stage that night.

When I was ten years old, I would never have tried out for something like this.  I always knew in the back of my mind that if I was on stage the "N" would pound me in the head.

No comments: