Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Some Weekends are Rough

Some weekends can be so rough.  The only thing you can do is struggle through it. Part of the past weekend that was so rough on me was going to the baseball game in downtown Greenville.  Thanks to some friends from church, we were invited to sit in the suites up top.  Cari and I sat with most of the other adults outside while the kids stayed in the room and went crazy every time some food came in.

That scenario gave me an idea.  I texted my daughter with my order.  A few minutes later out came a plate, direct to my chair.  That's the best use I've found for texting so far!
It was a lot of fun being at the game.  We don't watch much baseball but I know that some people fill out these sheets to keep stats during the game.  I decided to try my hand at it to keep me occupied during the game.  Did you realize these sheets of boxes don't come with instructions?  I made up my own system that entertained me just fine!

A few other rough things that I went through this past weekend - listed in random order -

took a nap
read a book
went downtown for a free concert
went to church
watched the movie: Facing the Giants (good movie by Sherwood Pictures)
Oh yeah.  Did I mention we made french fries?  Mmmmm  french fries.

I think I'll need more weekends like the last one.  It's okay, I'll struggle through it.

No comments: