Friday, December 14, 2012

Looking Glass Rock

This was the first hike of my camping get-away last weekend with my good friend, and camping partner, Chip.
After setting up camp in the Pisgah Forest we headed over to the trail head of the Looking Glass Rock trail and started our way up the mountain on a beautiful December Friday.  As it would turn out, we would be the only people on the trail that day.  

Looking Glass has been on my list of must-do hikes since my first trip into Pisgah so I was really excited to get a view from the top.
Here's Chip taking in the view.

 There were many great scenes along the trail including this rock stairway.

 If one of us became hurt, there is always the option of flying a helicopter into this area to rescue us.  What about pizza?  Is pizza an emergency?
 Old time graffiti.
Getting to the top of Looking Glass Rock didn't disappoint at all and it was a great way to kick off our weekend of camping in Pisgah.

No comments: