Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beautiful Noise

The beautiful noise is not kids screaming and chasing each other around the house.  The beautiful noise is the trains that run through town every day.
On a Spring day when the windows are all open and you are relaxing on the couch watching some TV the trains will come blaring through.  That never happens during a commercial either.  I love that disruption.  During the summer when the city hosts music in the park the musicians will sometimes be over powered by the train.  I love that beautiful noise.   

I'm not sure what it is that attracts me.  Maybe it's the rumbling weight that you can hear as the cars roll over the steel rails.  I guess I like the sound of the trains the same way that I like to hear thunder.  It's this booming powerful sound that echoes through the air.  There's even more than that booming sound with the trains.  It's a mixture of sounds that makes it great.  It's the screeching iron wheels, the roar of the engine, the horn blaring at the crossings.  

It's just a beautiful noise.  

No comments: