Friday, May 17, 2013

Date Night. Movies.

We only see about two movies a year at the theatre.  

It's expensive and it's just not the way we tend to spend our entertainment monies.

But on our last date night Cari and I decided to head out to see the Great Gatsby.  We almost skipped it based on poor reviews that were listed online but decided we'd give it a shot anyway.

The first thing I remembered when we got to the movies is the massive amount of teens that choose movies on a Friday night.  OMG.  I was the oldest one in there and I felt a little like a chaparone.  Are her shorts long enough?  Does his dad know he is with those guys?

We spent our $20 on popcorn and a small drink and headed into the movie.
I had no idea what Gatsby was all about because I had never read the book.  Cari read the book in school and remembered some basics of the story.
Once it was over we both decided that it was a good movie.  Thinking back on it I think it's a movie I would see one more time.  I think there were probably some small details in there that you would pick up on during a second viewing.  That second view will have to wait for Netflix because I can't afford to go back to the big screen until next year.


No comments: